Monday, May 25, 2009

AS THE DAY FADES

It is 5.30 p.m. and I am an hour away from my time of departure. But as the day draws to a close, my mind revises this sms sent by a very close friend of mine:

After failing twice to climb, Emund Hillary challenged Mt. Everest.

“I will come again & conquer you. Because as a mountain you can not grow. But as a human, I can…”

But why this sms seems so special today. It is because of the confidence that I imbibed from a human voice. It is said our lives are made of dreams. And there was a dream we all wanted to transform into reality. It was a campus I wanted him to step into and create a history of sorts. Some how this was his first roughest brush with the reality of life! The reality is all dreams in our life don’t achieve fruition at one go. He sounded a bit displeased but also sounded confident that he will load his guns again to train it on the impossible. I know, he will do it! Because he is the brightest and the best. Failure is a word that has never appeared in his dictionary of life.

- vociferous

No comments: