Wednesday, May 20, 2009

APOLOGIES TO INNOCENT BUDDIES

Dear Kajal / Pooja / Vikas / Sachin / Pritam & Nilesh,

I am unaware as to which corner of this mad city are you all working at. I am also unaware about how good are you performing at your respective positions. And I am completely unaware about how do I contact you. Luckily I am very much in receipt of your email ids, which still leaves that little hope of being able to reach out to you all. I know my departure from W.E. was an unwelcomed move. But it was necessary. I was going through the toughest phase of life which cannot be explained and neither should be explained to younger minds like you. After leaving W.E., I took off to Goa. Spent a long vacation of seven days. I would have never come back had it not been my mother’s unconditional love which made me feel home sick. I started missing my home and her on the very second day of my stay in Goa. I bathed in the sun, I quenched my thirst with the chilled beers of finest quality manufactured by Kingfisher and nursed my soul to the soulful food served at the innumerable restaurants I visited with my friend. In a way I wanted to revolutionise myself. But I only ended up being simpler and got prone to simplicity. This simplicity of mine took me far away from the glamour found in an ad agency. I did join an agency but was at war with my fellow copywriter, whose rivalry made me feel like a loser. For the first time, I started doubting my instincts. I lost faith in my ability to write. I found myself surrounded by negativity, passivity and loss. Some recommended a long list of psychologists to me. There was also another reason to my feeling of having lost it completely. That is one reason I never wish to reveal as it is much more painful. By God’s grace, I once again joined a creative house. For six months, my performance was put under scanner. Then arrived the seventh month when I once again took a break and travelled to Nashik for spiritual intervention in my life. I prayed to the living, I prayed to the dead and I prayed to the non existent. I offered food to my ancestors, I offered water to their souls and I offered my pain to their spirits. Then I cleansed myself in the black flowing waters of Godavari. In the eighth month, I bounced back. I looked back at all the work I had done. They had luckily not met with failure but were appreciated every where. From the eighth month and till now I have only won. All the battles though not have been won but the one’s which have were worthless to put life at stake for. Today I am very much feeling pleasant even though I am facing few complications on health, home and honour front. When I look back, I still remember the faces of you all. Though the time I spent with you could hardly be remembered, I still cherish those moments of confusion. For the first time, I was heading and handling such a young team. With Vikas and Kajal on my side, I wanted to inject confidence into the minds of everybody. But the circumstances and the clumsy atmosphere at W.E. put me at my wits end. I left, I departed with a heavy heart and a guilt to have left you in a dark hole. Today I am sending you this mail to apologise, to let you know that I still remember you all and to let you know never ever give up in life. Times may arrive and they may go but what will remain with you is your honour. Don’t give up. Wherever you are, however you are, whatever you are doing, remember that I remember you and do miss you all.

With love, care, concern and happiness,
Your ex colleague
- vociferous

No comments: