Thursday, August 13, 2020

The night and the conversation

 August 13-2020/ Blog #2


The conversation, I wish to have with the night 

is about this love, this longing and the unknown rhythm


I wish to have a deep conversation with the night.

Because I am in love with its silence.

Also I guess my relationship with nights is deeply emotional.

In no other way am I trying to say that my camaraderie with days isn’t enjoyable.

Just that I find the night to be a little more compassionate and a lot more understanding.

I know I might have begun writing by saying - I wish to have a deep conversation with the night.

I am sure I have left this night and the few other nights a little amused with this statement.

Even though I cherish their company. For the last few nights, sleep has been my constant partner.

Yes at times, I have ignored the miracles of a good night’s sleep.

Yet, not so unknowingly I got to discover them and continue to reap their benefits.

And while I write this, I am thinking about those nights, with which I conversed nothing.

But today since morning, I was sure of having atleast a word or two with night - my most favorite friend of all times.

So, what is the deep conversation between us (between the night and me).

The conversation has commenced on a good note of love.

The night is of the opinion that we haven’t spoken anything about our love lives for long.

I love to see the way the night is trying to put forward an animated account of the intimate moment it spent with the Full Moon; just a week back.

The night knows I am a keen listener.

Immediately after, the night is done with its own share of conversations, it will politely request me to begin with mine.

I too wish to begin with my account of the love I feel when I come across it - the night.

This love story carries its own romantic vibe; I don’t think so it is possible to feel this vibe by only staying widely awake till late. At times, the vibe can be felt by simply reminiscing. 

But I would say, it is my personal opinion. 

If I come across any other lover of the night, he may share a completely different opinion.

The fun part about this entire circle of love remains unchanged…

The conversation, I wish to have with the night is about this love, this longing and the unknown rhythm to which we groove to...just like addicts of a tribal dance form.

Nights are an addiction. There isn’t a single night, which I might have felt less addicted to.

Every night has come my way in the shape of a poem or in the attire of a prose.

Every night has left me rich with multiple conversations around it.

This night is one such night.

The conversation is still in progress. When do I see the possibility of ending this conversation? I don’t think so, it will end so simply tonight. This conversation is going to continue for some more nights.

I would like to add that there is another reason as to why this conversation won’t end so suddenly. Every night is special. Every night is different. The conversation, which I am having right now with the night may not be the same for tomorrow night.

Even though I don’t know, I may be in a mood to have an altogether different conversation with the night, which will take another twenty four hours to come my way.

Till then… the conversation with this night shall continue.


-Virtuous Vociferous/ What If/ 2020/ 12.11 AM


No comments: