Thursday, August 20, 2020

Luckily I...

 August 20-2020/ Blog #3

I would have found it so difficult 

to remember all 


I knew…

When it rains, she loves the ripple in calm water.

It was simply a special moment to see her celebrate that ripple.


I stood…

At a distance, staring at him.

Even at the age of sixty, he stood there.

Tall, unbent, youthful.

Eyes shut, hands folded; offering prayers to Goddess Durga.


I waited…

For her to grab the colored pencils.

Joy was written all over her face.

She knew she had to follow no rules.

She released all the colored pencils on a blank white sheet.

Since she didn’t have any form on her mind; she scribbled.

It took her exactly ten minutes to turn the blank white sheet into a festival of colours.


I saw…

He had just lit the cigarette.

His first two attempts weren’t successful.

From the third puff, he started releasing white and thick rings of smoke.

There was no going back for him.

Through every puff of his, he was now the Lord of the smoky rings.


I witnessed…

Her evolution.

She had stepped out of the western attire.

The red bordered Bengali silk made her look like a queen.

Absolutely picture perfect; she shone like gold.

My heart prompted… Behold, behold, behold.


I heard…

Three of them chasing a lonely soul.

The competition was stiff.

All of them wanted to grab her attention.

But she would grant access only to one.

The chase ended; the commotion ended.

She escaped from their clutches, leaving them feeling absolutely defeated.


I sensed…

Every single breath of hers.

We had erased all distances long back.

Right now we were caught in an undefined moment.

The memory of which, we shall cherish for a lifetime.


I tasted…

Hot and spicy. 

Served in a steel bowl.

Garnished with fresh coriander.

Festooned with chopped onion.

My tongue flip flopped.

Nothing had been tastier than this one.


I would have found it so difficult to remember all the above things.

But luckily I CLICKED with my camera.

In the form of photographs, each of the above stories will continue being with me.


(*My ode to World Photography Day-August 19,2020)


-Virtuous Vociferous/ What If/ 2020


3 comments:

sneha said...

Such a refreshing one

Author - Swarupa said...

Wow each picture has a story indeed! And when put together it is a collage of stories like the photographs in the albums

Unknown said...

Fantastic....I love it also because I know where is it coming from... ripple in calm water....