Monday, December 31, 2018

MY DEAR DAY


In the middle of nowhere, I chose to look out for you; I was pleased to see, you hadn’t left; you are still here. You know, how much I love this beautiful relationship of ours. I never feel, I’ve ever taken such efforts to be able to spend more time with anyone; not even with the ones, I had once called mine.

You aren’t clueless that I was planning to write to you. Forgive me; I delayed writing to you. I should have finished writing to you, two hours back. But you are well aware about my commitment towards something else as well. I did conclude writing 12 very special letters to the year that it was; about learning, about changing my perspective, about saying a simple Thank You. Thus the delay caused in writing to you.

I wish to ask – are you in a hurry? What are you seeking from this hurry, this urgency? Just sit back, relax and enjoy all the attention that I am showering on you. I wish, if I could make you wait a little longer. But the wry smile on your face tells me, that you were already aware of your short lived aura.

You remember, last year too, around the same time, I was dealing with a dilemma of a similar nature. But you slipped away. Why are you so heartless? Don’t you for once feel something for this admirer of yours? Why should you? You are by now, well-versed with this repeated emotion of mine.

Can you feel it? I hope you can. The vibration of my heavily beating heart; the sensation of my brazen breaths getting heavier with emotions; the complication of thoughts in my wild mind. Even though you are ensuring to make a comeback soon, will these feelings return! But this moment; will you be able to bring this one back as well?

I hate these questions, which keep rising within the mind. But these questions hold the potential to take the shape of prophecies too; interestingly everything I feel about you can sound like prophecies.

The clock is ticking. My eyes are as much on the constantly ticking clock, as much as yours are. Looking at your unease, I only hope that you want to be left alone. No matter, how much you wish to be left alone, I will still be around you.

May I ask you something? Why can’t you slow down a bit? Trust me, this hurried pace doesn’t seem like a matter of high comfort. I was just thinking, if I could share with you about the few scattered ideas, which I sewed together to create a special fabric of my creative pursuits. But I think, I can avoid that at this hour. Your silence speaks louder than the voice of my thoughts.

Did I tell you, how much ink, I played in with? You were here. I am wanting to tell you about it; simply by imagining that you may have missed it. Do I sound irrelevant? Are my one sided conversations sounding like dead sermons? Perhaps yes. This golden silence of yours; it is more painful than any other characteristic of yours.

Listen. You still have a lot of time left with you; before you decide to finally move out. Things went by well. Being here, you were a witness to the events. All so rich in texture. Interesting, very interesting!

Oh! So is it time then? That gesture of yours; is it trying to convey across something? Oh yes! Let’s hug. You’ve to bid multiple good byes. You are someone famous. What do I address you as? Famous personality or a celebrity! Ok, both! Happy? Oh come on, don’t make faces. I assure you, I will be fine. Yes, I will be fine, even after you leave. And, why are your eyes moist? You mean to say, yours are moist because mine are! What rubbish? You are insane. Anyway bidding adieus is a tough thing for me. But when I am faced with this moment of saying a final good bye to you for this year; my dear day, trust me; I am going to have a tough time missing you.

See you soon. Drop me a message, once you reach. Yes, I know it will take one fresh week of another new year for you to return to me again, by being different and being my dear day again – SUNDAY.

- Virtuous Vociferous | December 30-31 | December Blog-4 | The Conclusion | 2018

No comments: